How to Run a Great WorkshopThe Complete Guide to Designing and Running Brilliant Workshops and Meetings
Youve been asked to run a training session, workshop or meeting. What you need now is a foolproof way of making it both memorable and enjoyable to run and to know that what you are doing will achieve the desired outcome and have lasting positive effects on your team.
Anyone who has ever endured 'death by powerpoint' or a dry 'chalk and talk' session knows how not to do it, but how do you make sure that you get it right?
This interactive guide is designed especially for busy managers - people whose main role is not training and will take you through a simple step-by-step process that results in stimulating, fun and effective workshops and presentations.
Just some of the many scenarios the book will help you tackle include:
· How to put together training session from scratch when you have 'blank page, blank face syndrome heres the step-by-step solution
· You've done some training but you arent getting the desired results from your sessions heres what do to about it
· You haven't time to write 80 sexy PowerPoint slides for a session you are running heres what to do instead that will be even more effective and take half the time
· You're dreading the experience of being 'up the front' heres how to shift the onus from you to your participants
· How to be remembered for the right reasons! Heres how to ensure that happens
This is a book that walks the talk- it presents what you need to know in an engaging, interesting, effective and quick way exactly how you will be presenting in your meetings and worshops when you have finished reading it.
Why choose this book?
Chapter 1 Who, what, why and where
Your natural style
Beliefs and the importance of make-believe
Session subject and outcomes
Why bother application of learning
What type of session?
Location, location, location
Information v. learningChapter 2 Whole-brain learning primer
The biggest myth in training
All you need to know about learning theory
The 70/30 rule
Bluffers guide to facilitation
Chapter 3 Building a great session
Structure and flow
The Welcome Pack
Metaphors and their use
Introduction and welcome
Tricks of the trade
Setting the scene on the day
Canny material design
Your materialsChapter 4 Meetings makeover
Appendix 1: Some themes suitable for workshops
Appendix 2: People bingo
Appendix 3: Glossary and trainer speak
- This book will show you exactly what to do step-by-step.
- Fast learning, easy to apply this is a quick and smart how to.
- Proven content the author has used the material in coaching managers and entrepreneurs in how to run sessions its powerful, memorable and it works.