Entrepreneurship, Global Edition5th Edition
Was £52.99, Now £47.69Save: £5.30
For courses in entrepreneurship.
A Comprehensive Guide to Business Ventures
Successfully Launching New Ventures explores the allure of entrepreneurship, teaching students how to successfully start their own businesses. With real business profiles of inspiring young entrepreneurs, the text engages students through relevant examples they can easily relate to.
The Fifth Edition examines entrepreneurship through an easy, four-step process that clearly outlines both the excitement and the difficulty of launching one’s own business. Careful to identify failures as well as successes, Successfully Launching New Ventures is a straightforward guide to starting one’s own business.
PART 1 Decision to Become an Entrepreneur
1. Introduction to Entrepreneurship
PART 2 Developing Successful Business Ideas3. Feasibility Analysis
4. Developing an Effective Business Model
5. Industry and Competitor Analysis
6. Writing a Business Plan
PART 3 Moving from an Idea to an Entrepreneurial Firm
7. Preparing the Proper Ethical and Legal Foundation
8. Assessing a New Venture’s Financial Strength and Viability
9. Building a New-Venture Team
10. Getting Financing or Funding
PART 4 Managing and Growing an Entrepreneurial Firm
11. Unique Marketing Issues
12. The Importance of Intellectual Property
13. Preparing for and Evaluating the Challenges of Growth
14. Strategies for Firm Growth
Successfully Launching New Ventures contains the following features to facilitate learning:
Clear organization around a four-part entrepreneurial process
- Part 1: The Decision to Become an Entrepreneur
- Part 2: Developing Successful Business Ideas
- Part 3: Moving from an Idea to an Entrepreneurial Firm
- Part 4: Managing and Growing an Entrepreneurial Firm
UPDATED! Thoroughly revised chapter content reflects the latest firms and trends in entrepreneurship.
- The text begins with strong chapters containing the most up-to-date information on opportunity recognition and feasibility analysis, key activities when investigating a new business idea.
- First Screen Template in chapter 3 provides a model on which to devise a feasibility analysis for a potential business concept, encouraging students to think seriously about their ideas.
A text that teaches through real world examples
- NEW! Opening profiles begin each chapter with a spotlight on an entrepreneurial firm started when its founders were in college, inspiring students for an early entrepreneurial start.
- Student Entrepreneurs’ Insights at the bottom of every opening profile are interviews with the featured entrepreneurs.
- NEW! What Went Wrong?, Savvy Entrepreneurial Firm, and Partnering for Success boxes throughout the text alert students to contemporary issues facing business firms, and explore topics such as how to find a mentor, how to select a co-founder, and how to avoid mistakes that have been unsuccessful in the past.
- Examples and Anecdotes throughout the text provide descriptions of both successful and unsuccessful approaches to confronting the challenges discussed in each chapter.
- Examining Failures boxes in each chapter contains explains the missteps of seemingly promising entrepreneurial firms. This text highlights the fact that things go wrong when the fundamental steps in the chapters aren’t carefully followed.
- UPDATED! You Be the VC features at the end of each chapter give students a chance to pitch funding for hypothetical business ventures, exercising their knowledge and sparking classroom discussion.
- UPDATED! End-of-chapter Cases relate major chapter concepts to real business cases.
- UPDATED! References to real academic journals on the subject have been thoroughly analyzed and added into the text.
NEW! An inclusion of the Barringer/Ireland Business Model Template
- Provides a sound template through which students can articulate the business model for their proposed firm.
Pedagogical features that help facilitate the learning process
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter outline major chapter concepts before diving into new material.
- Checking for Understanding Questions at the end of each chapter give students every opportunity to test their understanding of the concepts in the text.
- Internet Resource Table in Chapter 3 connects students with outside resources that may help their business ventures.