Marketing Management, Global Edition15th Edition
Reprinting - Limited stock. Add to basket to check current availability.
Was £71.99, Now £64.79Save: £7.20
For undergraduate and graduate courses in marketing management.
The gold standard for today's marketing management
Stay on the cutting-edge with the gold standard text that reflects the latest in marketing theory and practice.
The world of marketing is changing everyday--and in order for students to have a competittive advantage, they need a textbook that reflects the best of today's marketing theory and practices. Marketing Management is the gold standard marketing text because its content and organization consistently reflect the latest changes in today's marketing theory and practice.The Fifteenth Edition is fully integrated with MyMarketingLab and is updated where appropriate to provide the most comprehensive, current, and engaging marketing management text as possible.
Please note that the product you are purchasing does not include MyMarketingLab.
Join over 11 million students benefiting from Pearson MyLabs.
This title can be supported by MyMarketingLab, an online homework and tutorial system designed to test and build your understanding. Would you like to use the power of MyMarketingLab to accelerate your learning? You need both an access card and a course ID to access MyMarketingLab.
These are the steps you need to take:
1. Make sure that your lecturer is already using the system
Ask your lecturer before purchasing a MyLab product as you will need a course ID from them before you can gain access to the system.
2. Check whether an access card has been included with the book at a reduced cost
If it has, it will be on the inside back cover of the book.
3. If you have a course ID but no access code, you can benefit from MyMarketingLab at a reduced price by purchasing a pack containing a copy of the book and an access code for MyMarketingLab (ISBN:9781292092737)
4. If your lecturer is using the MyLab and you would like to purchase the product...
Go to www.MyMarketingLab.com to buy access to this interactive study programme.
For educator access, contact your Pearson representative. To find out who your Pearson representative is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
Part 1. Understanding Marketing Management
1. Defining Marketing for the New Realities
2. Developing Marketing Strategies and Plans
Part 2. Capturing Marketing Insights
3. Collecting Information and Forecasting Demand
4. Conducting Marketing Research
Part 3. Connecting with Customers
5. Creating Long-term Loyalty Relationships
6. Analyzing Consumer Markets
7. Analyzing Business Markets
8. Tapping into Global Markets
Part 4. Building Strong Brands
9. Identifying Market Segments and Targets
10. Crafting the Brand Positioning
11. Creating Brand Equity
12. Addressing Competition and Driving Growth
Part 5. Shaping the Market Offerings
13. Setting Product Strategy
14. Designing and Managing Services
15. Introducing New Market Offerings
16. Developing Pricing Strategies and Programs
Part 6. Delivering Value
17. Designing and Managing Integrated Marketing Channels
18. Managing Retailing, Wholesaling, and Logistics
Part 7. Communicating Value
19. Designing and Managing Integrated Marketing Communications
20. Managing Digital Communications: Online, Social Media and Mobile Marketing
21. Managing Mass Communications: Advertising, Sales Promotions, Events and Experiences, and Public Relations
22. Managing Personal Communications: Direct Marketing, Word of Mouth, and Personal Selling
Part 8. Managing the Marketing Organization
23. Managing a Holistic Marketing Organization for the Long Run
This title is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has worked closely with educators around the world to include content, which is especially relevant to students outside the United States.
Personalize learning with MyMarketingLab™
MyMarketingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
MyMarketingLab allows you to engage your students in the course material before, during, and after class with a variety of activities and assessments.
- The Chapter Warm-up helps you hold your students accountable for the basic material in the textbook chapter. The assignment consists of basic questions related to the textbook content, and students have the chance to access their etext to read about the topics in question. This assignment is graded and you can be sure that students are exposed to the textbook material before coming to class, and through item analysis in the assignment see what students know and don’t know.
- Dynamic Study Modules: Not every student learns the same way and at the same rate. Now, thanks to advances in adaptive learning technology, you no longer have to teach as if they do. Dynamic Study Modules continuously assess student performance and activity in real time, and, using data and analytics, personalize content to reinforce concepts that target each student's strengths and weaknesses. You can assign Dynamic Study Modules as homework and receive results right in your gradebook. And, because your students are always on the go, Dynamic Study Modules can be accessed from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Learning Catalytics™ is an interactive, classroom tool that uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more sophisticated tasks and thinking. Now included with MyLab with eText, Learning Catalytics enables you to generate classroom discussion, guide your lecture, and promote peer-to-peer learning with real-time analytics. Instructors, you can:
- Pose a variety of open-ended questions that help your students develop critical thinking skills
- Monitor responses to find out where students are struggling
- Use real-time data to adjust your instructional strategy and try other ways of engaging your students during class
- Manage student interactions by automatically grouping students for discussion, teamwork, and peer-to-peer learning
Business Today: Bring current events alive in your classroom with videos that illustrate current and topical business concepts.
Reporting Dashboard: View, analyze, and report learning outcomes clearly and easily, and get the information you need to keep your students on track throughout the course, with the new Reporting Dashboard. Available via the MyLab Gradebook and fully mobile-ready, the Reporting Dashboard presents student performance data at the class, section, and program levels in an accessible, visual manner.
- Branching, Decision-Making Simulations: Decision-making simulations put your students in the role of manager as they make a series of decisions based on a realistic business challenge. The simulations change and branch based on their decisions, creating various scenario paths. At the end of each simulation, students receive a grade and a detailed report of the choices they made with the associated consequences included.
- Video Exercises: These engaging videos explore a variety of business topics related to the theory students are learning in class. Quizzes assess students’ comprehension of the concepts covered in each video.
- Writing Space: Better writers make great learners--who perform better in their courses. Designed to help you develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking, the Writing Space offers a single place to create, track, and grade writing assignments, provide resources, and exchange meaningful, personalized feedback with students, quickly and easily. Thanks to assisted-graded questions, and create-your-own assignments, you decide your level of involvement in evaluating students' work. And because of integration with Turnitin®, Writing Space can check students’ work for improper citation or plagiarism.
- Quizzes and Tests: Pre-built quizzes and tests allow you to quiz students without having to grade the assignments yourself.
- Four key dimensions of holistic marketing are woven throughout the text:
- Internal marketing—ensuring everyone in the organization embraces appropriate marketing principles, especially senior management.
- Integrated marketing—ensuring that multiple means of creating, delivering, and communicating value are employed and combined in the best way.
- Relationship marketing—having rich, multifaceted relationships with customers, channel members, and other marketing partners. Performance marketing—understanding returns to the business from marketing activities and programs, as well as addressing broader concerns and their legal, ethical, social, and environmental effects.
- NEW! In-text boxes provide vivid illustrations of chapter concepts using actual companies and situations. The boxes cover a variety of products, services, and markets, and many have accompanying illustrations in the form of ads or product shots.
- NEW! Each end-of-chapter section now includes two expanded Marketing Excellence mini-cases highlighting innovative, insightful marketing accomplishments by leading organizations. Each case includes questions that promote classroom discussion and student analysis. Address today’s economic, environmental, and technological changes in marketing: Throughout the new edition, these three areas are addressed with emphasis on marketing during economic downturns and recessions, the rise of sustainability and green marketing, and the increased development of computing power, the Internet, and mobile phones.
- Marketing Insight and Marketing Memo Boxes. Throughout this text, the Marketing Insight and Marketing Memo boxes provide in-depth conceptual and practical commentary.
Spark classroom discussion
- NEW! Brand-new opening vignettes for each chapter set the stage for the chapter material to follow. By covering topical brands or companies, the vignettes are great classroom discussion starters.
- Marketing in Action Mini-cases. The end-of-chapter sections now include two Marketing in Action mini-cases that highlight innovative, insightful marketing accomplishments from leading organizations.
- NEW! A new chapter (21) titled Managing Digital Communications: Online, Social Media and Mobile has been added to better highlight that important topic. Significant attention is paid throughout the text to what a new section in Chapter 1 calls "the digital revolution."
- NEW! The global chapter (8, previously Chapter 21) has been moved into Part 3 on Connecting with Customers and the new products chapter (15, previously Chapter 20) has been moved into Part 5 on Creating Value. The positioning and brand chapters (10 and 11) have been switched to allow for the conventional STP sequencing. These moves permit richer coverage of the topics and better align with many instructors’ teaching strategy.
- UPDATED! The concluding chapter (23) has been retitled "Managing a Holistic Marketing Organization for the Long Run" and addresses corporate social responsibility, business ethics, and sustainability, among other topics.
- UPDATED! Chapter 12 (previously Chapter 11) has been retitled "Addressing Competition and Driving Growth" to acknowledge the importance of growth to an organization.