Fundamentals of Management with MyManagementLab, Global Edition9th Edition
This title is no longer available.
This title cannot be purchased online
This package contains Robbins, Fundamentals of Management, Global Edition 9e and access to MyManagementLab.
Important information for students:
You need both an access code and a course ID to access MyManagementLab. Ask your lecturer before purchasing a MyLab product as you will need a course ID from them before you can gain access to the system.
For Principles of Management courses.
The practical tools of management presented through in-depth practice
Fundamentals of Management is a brief, paperback text that gives students more depth and breadth with practical tools to practice their management skills than any other textbook. The Ninth Edition introduces a new and exciting design and includes new chapter openers, case applications, and exercises.
MyManagementLab for Fundamentals of Management is a total learning package. MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Find out more at www.MyManagementLab.com.
1. Managers and Management
History Module A Brief History of Management’s Roots
2. The Management Environment
3. Integrative Managerial Issues
4. Foundations of Decision Making
Quantitative Module Quantitative Decision-Making Aids
5. Foundations of Planning
6. Organizational Structure and Design
7. Managing Human Resources
Career Module Building Your Career
8. Managing Change and Innovation
9. Foundations of Individual Behavior
10. Understanding Groups and Managing Work Teams
11. Motivating and Rewarding Employees
12. Leadership and Trust
13. Managing Communication and Information
14. Foundations of Control
15. Operations Management
Entrepreneurship Module Managing Entrepreneurial Ventures
This title is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has worked closely with educators around the world to include content which is especially relevant to students outside the United States.
Encourage Students to Apply Concepts
• NEW! Three Case Applications have been added and moved to the end of the chapter. These Case Applications are a great way to tell a story about managers, management, and organizations and to involve students in assessing a situation and answering questions about "how" and "why" and "what would you do." These Case Applications cover the gamut from Google and Yahoo! to Zara and Starbucks.
• NEW! Self-contained sections on developing management have moved the skills material to the relevant chapters. The skill-building exercises included at the end of each chapter help you apply and use management concepts. We chose these 18 skills (some chapters have more than one) because of their relevance to developing management competence and their linkage to one or more of the topic areas in this book.
• Integrating Chapter Skills. Throughout the text, the authors included a feature at the end of each chapter that encourages students to apply the concepts they’ve just learned. This feature helps students see how the concepts work together, while providing them with a review of the material.
• Enhancing Your Skill in Ethical Decision-Making. At the end of each section students are put in the role of a manager making decisions about current ethical issues. This exercise comes to life as students log into their MyManagementLab and practice this skill in an interactive environment.
• Diversity Perspectives. At the end of each section students are put in the role of a manager making decisions about managing a changing workforce. Students are prompted to visit their MyManagementLab course to practice their decision-making skills related to age, gender, or ethnic diversity in an interactive environment.
• In order to help students put their knowledge into action, the skill-building exercises included in the You Be The Manager section at the end of this text encourage them to apply and use management concepts. For each of the 18 skills, this text provides:
A self-assessment test
A brief interpretation of what the self-assessment results mean
A review of a basic skill concept and specific behaviors associated with developing competence in the skill
A short, in class application
Several reinforcement activities to give students additional opportunities to practice and learn the behaviors
Stay on the Cutting Edge of Management Practice
• NEW! Commonsense Myth: Exciting and innovative chapter openers grab students' attention by introducing commonsense myths and then debunking them.
• NEW! One section in each chapter has a completely new contemporary and visually appealing look. The design of this selected material will reinforce key topics and ideas and make it easy for students to read and to know what's important from that particular chapter section.
• Managing Diversity highlights the issues and rewards of successfully managing diversity.
• Technology and the Manager’s Job discusses how technology changes and shapes the way we manage.
• And the Survey Says presents survey findings about managers, employees, and the workplace.
• From the Past to the Present connects management history to the present.
MyManagementLab is not included. Students, if MyManagementLab is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN and course ID. MyManagementLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Personalize Learning with MyManagementLab®
• Adaptive Learning: A way to enable personalized learning at scale.Not every student learns the same way and at the same rate. MyLab with Adaptive Learning continuously assesses student performance and activity in real time, and, using data and analytics, personalizes content to reinforce concepts that target each student’s strengths and weaknesses.
• Mobile Dashboard: An app that helps students stay on track. The Mobile Dashboard gives students the feedback they need to stay on target throughout the course–right on the devices they’re already using. A companion app that is available for select MyLab & Mastering products, Mobile Dashboard provides instant, 24/7 access to course announcements, assignment due dates, scores, and results.
• Writing Space: Everything you need to foster better writing, all in one place.Better writers make great learners–who perform better in their courses. To help you develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking through writing, we created the Writing Space. It’s a single place to create, track, and grade writing assignments, provide writing resources, and exchange meaningful, personalized feedback with students, quickly and easily. Whether you’re looking for auto-graded writing assignments, plagiarism check or prebuilt grading rubrics, The Writing Space within MyManagementLab has you covered.
• A powerful homework and test manager: MyLablets you create, import, and manage online homework assignments, quizzes, and tests that are automatically graded. You can choose from a wide range of assignment options, including time limits, proctoring, and maximum number of attempts allowed. The bottom line: MyLab means less time grading and more time teaching.
• Comprehensive online course content: Filled with a wealth of content that is tightly integrated with your textbook, MyLab lets you easily add, remove, or modify existing instructional material. You can also add your own course materials to suit the needs of your students or department. In short, MyLab lets you teach exactly as you'd like.
• Robust gradebook tracking: The online gradebook automatically tracks your students' results on tests, homework, and practice exercises and gives you control over managing results and calculating grades. The gradebook provides a number of flexible grading options, including exporting grades to a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel. And, it lets you measure and document your students' learning outcomes.
• Easily scalable and shareable content: MyLab lets other instructors copy your settings so a standardized syllabus can be maintained across your department. Should you want to use the same MyLab course next semester, with the same customized settings, you can copy your existing course exactly–and even share it with other faculty members.