Introduction to the Theories of Learning, AnUnited States Edition
Defines learning and shows how the learning process is studied.
Clearly written and user-friendly, Introduction to the Theories of Learning places learning in its historical perspective and provides appreciation for the figures and theories that have shaped 100 years of learning theory research.
The 9th edition has been updated with the most current research in the field. With Pearson’s MySearchLab with interactive eText and Experiment’s Tool, this program is more user-friendly than ever.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Define learning and show how the learning process is studied
- Place learning theory in historical perspective
- Present essential features of the major theories of learning with implications for educational practice
Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit: www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySearchLab (at no additional cost).
- Examples of theory put into practice enable students to relate theoretical concepts to real-life situations.
- End-of-chapter evaluation sections include conditions and criticisms to develop students' critical-thinking skills.
- Research references are provided throughout the text.
- MySearchLab with eText can be packaged with this text.
- MySearchLab provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- eText – Just like the printed text, you can highlight and add notes to the eText or download it to your iPad.
- Assessment – Chapter quizzes and flashcards offer immediate feedback and report directly to the gradebook.
- Writing and Research – A wide range of writing, grammar and research tools and access to a variety of academic journals, census data, Associated Press newsfeeds, and discipline-specific readings help you hone your writing and research skills.