Social Work Law 3rd edition CourseSmart eTextbook3rd Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
Learn more about our digital formats.
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
Written with the non-lawyer in mind, Social Work Law presents a comprehensive, practical and accessible guide to the legal framework that any social worker, or student of social work needs to know.
The author provides a balanced account of the law as applied to children, families and vulnerable adults alike, and pays particular attention to the key areas of: the dynamic relationship between the law and social work practice; the crucial role of anti-discriminatory practice; and the continued growth in the importance of the Human Rights Act, 1998.
PART 1 LEGAL CONTEXT OF SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE
1 Introduction to Law and Social Work Practice
2 Sources of Law
3 Courts and Law Officers
4 Social Workers' Role in the Law
5 The Human Rights Act 1998 and Social Work Practice
PART 2 CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
7 Supporting Children and Families
8 Children and Family Breakdown
9 Child Protection
10 Children looked after
13 Youth Justice
PART 3 VULNERABLE ADULTS
14 Community Care
15 Mental Health
16 Mental Capacity
17 Adult Protection
18 Criminal Justice
19 Welfare and Homelessness
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter help structure study
- Exercises and case studies highlight the practical application of the law
- End of chapter summaries identify the key points from each topic and provide a valuable revision aid
- Further reading sections and website references encourage deeper exploration
- A glossary of legal terms
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.
CourseSmart Textbooks Online is a creative digital solution that offers the freedom and convenience of online, offline, and mobile access using a single platform. CourseSmart eTextbooks offer:
- Easy Navigation that makes finding pages easy and efficient.
- Search, Bookmark, and Note-Taking Tools save study time and reduce frustration by making critical information immediately accessible. Organizing study notes has never been easier!
- Internet-based Service that makes textbook content available anytime, anywhere there is a Web connection.
- Offline access functionality - CourseSmart offers the freedom and convenience of online, offline and mobile access using a single platform.
- Ability to print pages as needed, lightening up the backpack while making critical content available for offline study and review.
- Digital Textbook Delivery that saves students a significant amount off the print edition suggested list price.