Global Issues4th Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
Updated in its 4th edition, Global Issues is a current and topical look at the forces driving globalization. From democratization, human rights, and global finance to terrorism, pandemics, and climate change, this texts surveys global problems that transcend boundaries and are challenging the international system. This is the only text of its kind to place complex issues into comprehensive context and thus explain the growing political, economic, and cultural interdependence visible in the headlines and in readers’ lives.
Chapter 1. Global Issues: Challenges of Globalization
Chapter 2. The Struggle for Primacy in a Global Society
Chapter 3. Human Rights
Chapter 4. Promoting Democracy
Chapter 5. Global Terrorism
Chapter 6. Weapons Proliferation
Chapter 7. The Global Financial Crisis
Chapter 8. Global Trade
Chapter 9. Global Inequality and Poverty
Chapter 10. Environmental Issues
Chapter 11. Population and Migration
Chapter 12. Global Crime
Chapter 13. The Globalization of Disease
Chapter 14. Cultural Clashes and Conflict Resolution
- Provides a theoretical framework to facilitate students’ understanding of specific issues in Chapter 1, “Global Issues: The Challenge of Globalization” and Chapter 2, "The Struggle for Primacy in a Global Society."
- Explores the political, economic, and cultural dimensions of each issue, placing it in the broader context of globalization and individual human experience. (ex. p. 12)
- Reinforces students’ understanding of concepts through a marginal glossary. (ex. p. 14)
- Incorporates numerous maps, photographs, and tables to enliven the text and put issues into deeper context. (ex. p. 159)
- Uses a conversational writing style and¿real-world examples to make the discussion of global issues accessible to students and easier to relate to their lives.
Richard J. Payne is Distinguished Professor of Politics and Government at Illinois State University.
“Payne engages students through comprehensive and systematic coverage of emerging global issues; his book is packed with information, analysis, and questions for students to discuss and debate.”—Boyka Stefanova, University of Texas-San Antonio
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.