Computer Organization and Architecture: International Edition9th Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
Reprinting - Limited stock. Add to basket to check current availability.
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
For undergraduates and professionals in computer science, computer engineering, and electrical engineering courses.
Learn the fundamentals of processor and computer design from the newest edition of this award-winning text.
Four-time winner of the best Computer Science and Engineering textbook of the year award from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association, Computer Organization and Architecture: Designing for Performance provides a thorough discussion of the fundamentals of computer organization and architecture, covering not just processor design, but memory, I/O, and parallel systems.Coverage is supported by a wealth of concrete examples emphasizing modern systems.
- Multiple Perspectives: Systems are viewed from both the architectural (attributes of a system visible to a machine language programmer) and organizational (operational units and their interconnections that realize the architecture) perspectives to give students context.
- Unified Treatment of I/O: Provides full understanding of I/O functions and structures, including two important external interface examples: FireWire and InfiniBand.
- Focus on RISC: Students gain a broad understanding of this technology, found in virtually all contemporary machines.
- Parallel Processors: Exceptionally clear, well-organized treatment of symmetric multiprocessors (SMP), clusters, and NUMA systems.
- Running Case Studies: Case studies of Intel x86 and embedded ARM architectures supplement and explain material.
- Microprogrammed Implementation: This technology is given a full treatment, so students gain a complete understanding of processor organization.
- Interactive Simulations: Over 20 online web simulations are keyed to major portions of the text to illustrate computer architecture design issues.
- Multicore Processor Coverage: Explain this standard in processor design.
- Embedded Processor Coverage: Includes coverage of embedded processors and the unique design issues they present. The ARM architecture is used as a case study.
- Online Appendices: To conserve space, the appendices are available online as PDFs.