Keys to SuccessTeamwork and Leadership
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
Provides a comprehensive look at what it takes to work with a team successfully, focusing in part on leadership and what it takes to be an effective leader.
Keys to Success: Teamwork and Leadership module begins with information about teams and their importance, connecting with the ever-growing importance of teamwork in the modern workplace (both in-person and virtual). It defines and discusses leadership, providing examples that show leadership in different settings and contexts. With an understanding of teams and leaders, the reader then moves on to practical information about how a team can operate effectively and achieve its goals. This includes tips for both leadership and participation, goal setting and decision making, meeting etiquette, virtual teamwork, and how to handle pitfalls such as conflict and problematic personalities.
Learning Objectives for Keys to Success: Teamwork and Leadership:
What is a team and why are teams important?
How do you and others interact in a team?
What is leadership?
How can a team operate effectively?
What strategies help teams achieve their goals?
Opening profile - Interests the reader in chapter material using a story. (Ex. - Beginning of module)
Know It, Speak It, Write It, Do It Exercises - Build skills in the context of chapter material. (Ex. - Know It, Speak It, and Write It are within text; Do It is at the end of the module)
- Know It builds analytical skills
- Speak It builds teamwork
- Write It builds writing and reflection skills
- Do It synthesizes critical thinking with practical action
Initial self-assessment (Status Check) - Gives students a chance to reflect on their knowledge and goals, and introduces students to topics they will read in the material. (Ex. - Beginning of module)
Friendly, practical tone and concise writing - Encourages reading without overloading with text. (Ex. - Throughout module)
TECHNOLOGY AND PEARSON CHOICES
MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) is an online solution designed to help students ‘Start strong, Finish stronger’ by building skills for ongoing personal and professional development. This Learning Outcome based technology promotes student engagement through:
· The Learning Path Diagnostic offers for the course, 83 Full Course Pre- and Post-Diagnostic (Bloom’s Taxonomy Levels I-VI) questions, and for each topic, 20 Pre- and Post-Test (Bloom’s Taxonomy Levels I-VI) questions.
· The Overview provides learning objectives to build vocabulary and repetition.
· Video interviews on key issues ‘by students, for students’.
· The Practice exercises improve class preparation and learning.
· Graded Activities build critical thinking skills and develop problem-solving abilities (includes Essays and Journaling).
· Instructors benefit from an Implementation Guide to easily assign and assess progress.
· Students have access to relevant FinishStronger247 YouTube videos, the Pearson student Facebook page chock full of tips, MySearchLab use for doing effective research, and more.
PearsonChoices - CourseSmart and Custom Publishing. Having choices for how to deliver course content is important.
· CourseSmart Textbooks Online is an exciting new choice for students looking to save money. As an alternative to purchasing the print textbook, students can subscribe to the same content online and save up to 50% off the suggested list price of the print text. With a CourseSmart e-textbook, students can search the text, make notes online, print out reading assignments that incorporate lecture notes, and bookmark important passages for later review. For more information, or to subscribe, visit www.coursesmart.com.
· Pearson Custom Publishing allows professors to create their own professionally produced customized textbooks and media products to best complement their course. We offer high-quality content, professional design, quick production, and reliable on-time delivery. The result is a valuable textbook that students will use, cover to cover, tailored to meet exactly the needs of the professor, students, and course. Visit www.pearsoncustom.com.
Carol Carter is a national and international student success author and speaker. She is a co-author of the Keys to Success series of student success and study skills textbooks, used by more than 200,000 freshmen each year throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and China. Carol is also president of LifeBound, a student success and transition company which she founded ten years ago. Both with LifeBound and with the Keys to Success series, Carol’s goal is to prepare students for success in college and in the workplace.
Sarah Lyman Kravits has worked as a co-author on the Keys to Success series of textbooks for over fifteen years. A few years after graduating from the University of Virginia as a Jefferson Scholar, she worked as program director for LifeSkills, Inc., a nonprofit organization that aims to further the career and personal development of high school students. This work led her into co-authoring her first student success text and the realization that she was driven to empower students to reach their goals. She continues to work on the Keys to Success series in pursuit of her goal to support college students in their quest for learning.
“I think there is very good coverage of the chapter outcomes for …. team building.”
--John Kowalczyk PhD, University of Minnesota Duluth
"Why are teams important?", "How do teams operate?" and "What strategies help teams achieve their goals?"......all had great specific examples and good connections to college success.
--Kim Forcier, University of Texas at San Antonio
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.