International OrganizationsInternational Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
Drawing on mainstream and critical theoretical approaches, International Organizations offers a comprehensive examination of international organizations’ political and structural role in world politics. Surveying key issues from international security to the environment, International Organizations looks at present and future possibilities for global governance from a broad range of perspectives.
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. International Organizations: Nuts and Bolts
Chapter 3. Mainstream Theories
Chapter 4. Critical Theories and Approaches
Chapter 5. Security
Chapter 6. Trade
Chapter 7. Development
Chapter 8. The Environment
Chapter 9. Human Rights and Humanitarian Issues
Chapter 10. Global Governance in 2025
Appendix. Finding Employment in International Organizations
- Examines international organizations from the greatest variety of theoretical perspectives, including realism, liberalism, Marxism, feminism, and constructivism.
- Surveys the nuts-and-bolts of international organizations, including the different types (intergovernmental organization, nongovernmental organizations, and multinational corporations) and their main activities.
- Analyzes the role of international organizations in issues ranging from security and trade to development and the environment.
- Provides case studies in every chapter to illustrate how theory explains the behavior of international organizations.
- An appendix, “Finding Employment in International Organizations,” provides in-depth job search advice and ideas for students.
Kelly-Kate S. Pease is Associate Professor of Politics, History, and International Relations at Webster University.
“Kelly-Kate Pease has written the most theoretically sophisticated text on international organizations and global governance, introducing and consistently applying a series of theoretical approaches to a broad range of real-world cases. Clear and accessible to a beginning student, this text will also benefit advanced students looking for both theoretical insight and empirical facts.”–Mark Pollack, Temple University
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.