Employment Law6th Edition
This product has been replaced by Employment Law
This title cannot be purchased online
Employment Lawoffers comprehensive coverage of all key aspects of individual and collective employment law. Sargeant and Lewis present the wealth of case law and legislation involved in this area in an exceedingly clear manner, enabling students to grasp a full understanding of the intricacies of this fascinating and constantly evolving subject with ease.
1. The study of employment law
2. The employment relationship
3. The contract of employment
4. Termination of employment
5. Equality - prohibited conduct and equality of terms
6. Equality - protected characteristics
7. Time and pay
8. Parental and maternity rights
9. Business restructuring
10. Trade Unions
11. Collective bargaining and industrial action
- Mylawchamber supporting learning through, interactive multiple choice questions, practice exam questions with guidance, weblinks, legal newsfeed and legal updates.
- Chapter summaries highlight the central themes of key cases in the subject.
- Further reading lists at the end of each chapter direct students to subject-specific resources to enrich understanding.
Malcolm Sargeant is Professor of Labour Law at Middlesex University. He has authored and contributed to a number of books, journals and other publications on employment and discrimination law subjects for both students and practitioners.
David Lewis is Professor of Employment Law at Middlesex University. He has written specialist and general books in the area and has published articles in several countries. David has considerable experience as a consultant and is on the ACAS panel of arbitrators.