Essentials of Global Marketing2nd Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
Essentials of Global Marketing offers a concise and manageable approach to the subject. The accessible structure takes the reader through the entire international marketing planning process, and fundamental concepts are illuminated by examples from a wide range of companies, small and large, from around the world.
Part 1 - The Decision to Internationalize
1. Global Marketing in the firm
2. Initiation of internationalisation
3. Internationalisation theories
Part 2 - Deciding Which Markets to Enter
4. Development of the firm's international competitiveness
5. The political and economic environment
6. The sociocultural environment
7. The international market selection process
Part 3 - Market Entry Strategies
8. Some approaches to the choice of entry mode
9. Export, intermediate and hierarchical entry modes
10. International buyer-seller relationships
Part 4 - Designing the Global Marketing Programme
11. Product and pricing decisions
12. Distribution and communication decisions
Part 5 - Implementing and Coordinating the Global Marketing Programme
13. Cross-cultural sales negotiations
14. Organisation and control of the global marketing programme
Concise and manageable with an accessible structure that takes the reader through the entire international marketing planning process.
Fundamental concepts are illuminated by examples from a wide range of companies, small and large, from around the world.
Information from the latest journal articles and up-to-date company facts.
New coverage of
· modern concepts such as hybrid sales channels, service-dominant logic and social media marketing, especially Web 2.0 and crowd-sourcing.
· BRIC countries, special cultural issues in China, gift-giving in different cultures and marketing to bottom of pyramid (BOP) in emerging countries.
· corporate social responsibility.
New case studies from companies such as Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Zam Zam Cola, Green Toys and Polaroid Eyewear.
Svend Hollensen is Associate Professor of International Marketing at the University of Southern Denmark and has worked as a marketing consultant for several international companies and organisations.