Skills for Nursing & Healthcare Studentsstudy skills, maths and science
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
This clear, helpful and interactive book will help you prepare for and succeed in your nursing and healthcare studies. Supporting anatomy and physiology, drug administration, clinical practice and preparation for assessments, this book will give you the tools to success. Using examples from practice to bring the subjects to life, Skills for Nursing & Healthcare Students is your essential guide to the core skills you will need to master.
The book includes guided explanations and interactive exercises that will help you brush up on your maths and study skills and get up-to-speed with anatomical terminology, the basics of the human body, chemistry and cell biology.
1 Study Skills The Proper Care and Feeding of a Human Brain
2 Basic Maths Review Crunching the Numbers
3 Terminology You Say Humerus, I Say Funny Bone
4 Body Basics The Hip Bones Connected to the
5 Chemistry The Science of Stuff
6 Cell Biology Lifes Little Factories
- An accessible guide to taking notes, managing your time effectively and preparing for exams.
- All the key maths skills covered in a single chapter.
- The science of the human body, from the basics and terminology, to chemistry and cell biology.
- Regular self assessment and 'stop and think' activities included throughout the text aiming to get you up to speed as fast as possible.
- A premium website (access code included inside) with access to diagnostic tests and to 'Direct your learning' activities, animations, tutorials, myeBook, downloads, and web links.
Lori K. Garrett teaches anatomy & physiology courses at Danville area Community College, where she developed her own A&P prep course to help her students succeed. Her gifts for simple, straightforward explanations and effectiveness in the classroom have earned her several teaching awards, including the Association of Community College Trustrees William H. Meardy Faculty Award.