Psychology Express: Biological Psychology (Undergraduate Revision Guide)
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
This revision guide provides concise coverage of the central topics within Biological Psychology, presented within a framework designed to help you focus on assessment and exams, and matching the requirements of the BPS.
The text is organised so that the basic principles are outlined first and then expanded upon with a consideration of higher order functions. Revision of the basic principles from the early chapters is revisited in later chapters in the context of higher order psychological functioning. Sample questions, assessment advice and exam tips drive the organisation within chapters so you are able to grasp and marshal your thoughts towards revision of the main topics. Features focused on critical thinking, practical applications and key research will offer additional pointers for you in your revision process/exam preparation.
A companion website provides supporting resources for self testing, exam practice, answers to questions in the book, and links to further resources.
Guided tour of the companion website
Table of cases and statutes
Chapter 1 Introduction to biopsychology: origins, approaches and applications
Chapter 2 Structure and function of the central and peripheral nervous systems
Chapter 3 The endocrine system: hormones and behaviour
Chapter 4 Biological basis of language
Chapter 5 Mechanisms of perception and sensation
Chapter 6 Biological mechanisms of sleep and dreaming
Chapter 7 Biological aspects of emotion
Chapter 8 The biology of learning and memory
Chapter 9 Biological basis of psychological abnormality
And finally, before the exam . . .
- Plan your Biological Psychology revision more effectively
- Approach Bio assignments and exams with greater confidence
- Use the companion website to test your knowledge with quizzes and interactive flashcards, try out sample exam questions, and keep up to date with the latest study advice
- Review the key topics required by the British Psychological Society curriculum and QAA guidelines in Biological Psychology
- Check your understanding of the important research, debates and practical applications within the field
- Make your answer stand out using the guidance, tips and practical advice
"The online companion website is a great addition to the book itself. I dont usually go through the questions at the ends of chapters, but the interactive online questions were very useful... This book is a superb revision tool allowing you to cover a broad area in a sufficient amount of detail. For those with a bit more experience, its an enjoyable and easy read which can really consolidate your existing knowledge."
- Kevin McInerney, Psychology Student
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.