Economic Approaches to Organisations5th Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
Now in its fifth edition, Economic Approaches to Organisations remains one of the few texts to emphasize the importance of economic issues and developments in the study of organisations and management. It explains in a non-technical way different economic approaches such as behavioural theory of the firm, game theory, agency theory, transaction cost economics, economics of strategy and evolutionary approaches. This latest edition is packed with practical examples from real-world companies, helping you to understand how the concepts relate to economic and organizational problems happening in the world today.
Part I Foundations
1 Markets and organizations
5 Game theory
Part II Economic Approaches
6 Behavioural theory of the firm
7 Agency theory
8 Transaction cost economics
9 Economic contributions to business / competitive strategy
10 Economic contributions to corporate strategy
11 Evolutionary approaches to organizations 238
12 All in the family
Part III Applications
13 Mergers and acquisitions
14 Hybrid forms
15 Corporate governance
- Covers Game Theory, Strategy, and Evolution.
- Packed with empirical results and real world data
- Builds a step-by-step conceptual framework to explain fundamental economic approaches to organisations.
- Discusses the 5 different economic approaches to organisations
- Contains useful learning features: real-life examples, end-of-chapter questions, quotations, diagrams, further reading and study.
- Wide range of cases with a global link.
- Assumes no prior knowledge of economics.
- Clearly written in a concise, informative and student-friendly style.
- Instructor's Manual with answers to questions, overheads and further reading.