Global MarketingA decision-oriented approach
Jul 2010, Paperback, 800 pages
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
Reprinting - Limited stock. Add to basket to check current availability.
Not currently available
Email me when Global Marketing publishes
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
The globalization of companies is the involvement of customers, producers, suppliers, and other stakeholders in the global marketing process. Global marketing therefore reflects the trend of firms selling products and services across many countries around the world. Drawing on an incomparable breadth of international examples, Svend Hollensen not only demonstrates how global marketing works, but also how it relates to real decisions around the world.
Part 1 THE DECISION WHETHER TO INTERNATIONALIZE
1 Global marketing in the firm
2 Initiation of internationalization
3 Internationalization theories
4 Development of the firms international competitiveness
Part 2 DECIDING WHICH MARKETS TO ENTER
5 Global marketing research
6 The political and economic environment
7 The sociocultural environment
8 The international market selection process
Part 3 MARKET ENTRY STRATEGIES
9 Some approaches to the choice of entry mode
10 Export modes
11 Intermediate entry modes
12 Hierarchical modes
13 International sourcing decisions and the role of the sub-supplier
Part 4 DESIGNING THE GLOBAL MARKETING PROGRAMME
14 Product decisions
15 Pricing decisions and the terms of doing business
16 Distribution decisions
17 Communication decisions (promotion strategies)
Part 5 IMPLEMENTING AND COORDINATING THE GLOBAL MARKETING PROGRAMME
18 Cross-cultural sales negotiations
19 Organization and control of the global marketing programme
This book offers a truly global approach with cases and exhibits from all parts of the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Far East, North and South America. It provides a complete and concentrated overview of the total international marketing planning process, along with many new up-to-date exhibits and cases which illustrate the theory by showing practical applications.
- Extensive coverage of hot topics such as glocalization, born globals, value creation, value net, celebrity branding, brand piracy, and viral marketing, as well as a new comprehensive section on integrated marketing communication through social networking
- Brand new case studies focus on globally recognised brands and companies operating in a number of countries, including Build-A-Bear Workshop, Hello Kitty, Ralph Lauren and Sony Music Entertainment.
- Video cases accompany every chapter and are available at www.pearsoned.co.uk/hollensen, featuring such firms as Nivea, Reebok, Starbucks, Hasbro and McDonalds.
- Real-world examples and exhibits enliven the text and enable the reader to relate to marketing models.
- Multiple choice questions to test students’ knowledge
Svend Hollensen is Associate Professor of International Marketing at the University of Southern Denmark and has worked as a marketing consultant for several international companies and organisations. His other Financial Times Prentice Hall books include Marketing Management (2nd edition), published in 2010.