Politics USA3rd Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
Politics USA is a lively and authoritative introduction to American politics, giving students a rich and varied resource for all aspects of their course. The book provides expert and comprehensive analysis of US politics and government, including in-depth coverage of the presidency, the Congress, the Supreme Court and American foreign policy.
This is an ideal introduction for students of US politics as well as anyone seeking to understand any or all aspects of politics in one of the worlds most powerful and globally influential countries.
- Topics for Discussion help both lecturers and students to explore the most important questions arising out of each chapter
- Controversies, tables, diagrams and boxed examples highlight key aspects of American politics
- End of chapter summaries will help students with their revision
- Updated suggestions for further reading including useful websites, ensure quality of student research
Robert McKeever is one of UKs leading scholars of American politics and its foremost specialist on the United Supreme Court. He is Dean of the Faculty of Law, Governance and International Relations at London Metropolitan University and has written extensively on constitutional politics, including most recently on the judicial legacy of George W. Bush and abortion rights in the United States and Canada.
Philip Davies is Director of the Eccles Centre for American Studies at the British Library and President of the European Association for American Studies. He has authored, co-authored and edited some 30 books and published more than 100 articles and book chapters on aspects of US politics and society.
"The new edition of Politics USA is an outstanding achievement. The authors have produced a reliable, sophisticated and incisive guide which will be indispensable to all serious students of American politics."
- John Dumbrell, Professor of Government, Durham University
"Politics USA is a first-rate survey of American politics and government. It is clearly written, very accessible and engaging in its analysis of contemporary and recent political issues."
- Iwan Morgan, Professor of US Studies, Institute for the Study of the Americas
"In this authoritative volume, McKeever and Davies combine a sophisticated coverage of the fundamentals of US history, government and politics with an insightful analysis of the profound impact 9/11 has had on US governance."
- James P. Pfiffner, Professor of Public Policy, George Mason University
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.