LeMone and Burke's Adult NursingAcute and Ongoing Care
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
LeMone & Burkes Adult Nursing: Acute and Ongoing Care is the ideal companion for nurses caring for adults in todays changing healthcare system. With comprehensive coverage of contemporary nursing practice as well as a strong, evidence-based, theoretical underpinning tailored towards the new NMC competencies, this book provides a detailed and thorough resource for both the student nurse and nursing professional.
The book includes coverage of care in both hospital and community-based settings, with an emphasis on education of the patient and prevention of illness and disease.
- The role and function of the nurse in health and illness
- Caring for people with cancer
- Altered fluid, electrolyte, acid base balance and shock
- Caring for people with altered immunity
- Caring for people with altered skin function
- Caring for people with endocrine problems
- Caring for people with gastrointestinal problems
- Caring for people with urinary elimination and kidney problems
- Caring for people with cardiac problems
- Caring for people with haematological problems
- Caring for people with respiratory problems
- Caring for people with musculoskeletal problems
- Caring for people with neurological problems
- Caring for people with eye and ear problems
- Caring for women with reproductive problems
- Caring for men with reproductive problems
- Caring for people with sexually transmitted diseases
- Contains over 200 full-colour diagrams and photographs.
- Case studies in every chapter to illustrate practical nursing care in real-world settings.
- Consider this boxes presenting triggers for reflection, debate and discussion.
- Community-based care features prompting consideration of individuals in a community or home-based setting.
- Fast facts pinpointing key statistics, points for reflection and discussion.
- Practice alerts emphasising pertinent areas of nursing practice where particular care must be taken including, for example, risk assessment, drug administration and infection control.
- Signs and symptoms listed in clear and straightforward bullet points throughout.
- Electronic resources are available online at www.pearsoned.co.uk/lemone, including PowerPoint slides and multiple choice questions to measure learning and understanding.
"I genuinely enjoyed reading the chapters and found the whole thing very interesting and informative! The book is easy to read and concise, covering subject areas systematically and holistically. This is a complete 'one stop shop' contemporary nursing textbook which I will be buying." - Jane Landon, Nursing student
"very interesting and easy to read and understand" - Sharon Moreby, Nursing student"...extremely full of detail and illustrated well, with the right balance of text and imagery. [...] Beneficial to any adult nursing student, regardless of where they are in their nurse training." - Tianna Jarrett-Williams, Nursing student
"This book is very clear and concise and the language used is easy to understand but still very informative. [...] I would definitely buy this book as it makes anatomy and physiology easy to learn and would be an excellent revision aid." - Rebecca Matthews, Nursing Student, University of Hertfordshire
“This is a high-quality, well-written textbook, which is user friendly, strikes just the right balance of detail and has a good focus on building learning. Well worthy of purchase as it can be used throughout the three-year programme and beyond.” - Nursing Times
"I found this book to be a great resource in studying A&P and particularly whilst on placement, where it will help support a student and assist in seeing signs and symptoms and illness and disease." - Louise Goodyear, Nursing Student
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.