Classroom Gems: Games and Activities for Primary Modern Foreign Languages
This new book embodies the philosophy of learning through play. It aims to equip those faced with teaching foreign languages in the primary sector with a large collection of classroom activities which encourage pupils to use the foreign language in a fun and physical way, while focusing on speaking skills. Readers are given background into how to use the activities effectively, how to combine activities in one lesson and how to adapt activities to suit different age groups to ensure they get the most out of their lessons.
Part 1 Learning objectives
Part 2 Games and activities
Practising numbers and counting;
Practising specific vocabulary areas
Practising vocabulary on many different topics
Exploring literacy in the target language
Enhancing the language learning experience
Part 3 Vocabulary Lists
- Over 150 activities aimed at teaching PMFL through action using games, drama, music and role-playing
- No prior knowledge of a foreign language required
- All activities can be used to teach any language.
- Includes a glossary of key vocabulary used throughout the activities in German, French and Spanish
- Each activity is explained with the help of icons denoting criteria such as age-group suitability, amount of time required, materials/props needed, cross-curriculum links and educational aim of activity.