Psychology and Life
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
Psychology and Life introduces students to the core areas of psychology by showing them just how relevant these topics are to their day to day lives.
Bringing Gerrig and Zimbardos classic textbook, now in its 19th edition, to a European audience, this exciting new adaptation for students of introductory psychology offers a greater focus on current European research while retaining the same rigorous, scientific approach and enthusiasm for applying psychology to daily life that has made it so popular with students.
1) Psychology and Life
2) Research Methods in Psychology
3) The Evolutionary and Biological Bases of Behaviour
4) Sensation and Perception
5) Mind, Consciousness and Alternate States
6) Learning and Behaviour Analysis
8) Cognitive Processes
9) Intelligence and Intelligence Assessment
10) Human Development Across the Life Span
12) Emotion, Stress and Health
13) Understanding Human Personality
14) Psychological Disorders
15) Therapies for Psychological Disorders
16) Social Cognition and Relationships
17) Social Processes, Society and Culture
- Psychology in your life and Critical thinking in your life boxes ask students to consider questions such as How can memory research help you prepare for exams? and Why and how do people lie?
- Research in your life interviews shine a light on current psychologists research and what made them decide to study psychology
- Cutting-edge research and examples of experiments showcase some of the most exciting European research in psychology
- Practice tests allow students to test themselves on what they have learnt about each topic
- Case studies and examples encourage students to consider how these topics are relevant to our daily lives
Need help preparing for your lectures and seminars? Want help revising for your exams and writing better essays? Would you like a more interactive learning experience?
Get all this and more with MyPsychLab. All you need to unlock this unrivalled suite of e-learning resources and to achieve a better result is a MyPsychLab access card.
Dont have an access card? Purchase access online at www.mypsychlab.co.uk
With access to MyPsychLab you can:
- Complete a diagnostic pre-test to generate your own Study Plan, which adapts to your strengths and weaknesses and enables you to focus on the topics where your knowledge is weaker
- Improve your knowledge and prepare more effectively for lectures and seminars by watching interviews with experts and re-enactments of classic experiments
- Revise and consolidate your understanding of each chapter by using the Flashcards and answering the Revision questions which provide you with instant feedback
- Study on the go using pages from an eText version of this book