Research Methods in Business Studies4th Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
A concise, clear and comprehensive introduction to research methods, which equips students with a systematic approach to business research.
Written in an accessible style, this book demonstrates the importance of a scientific approach to business research and problem-solving projects. It shows students how to formulate a problem, choose a research method, argue and motivate, and how to collect, analyse and present the data.
The following online resources support the text:
For Instructors: PowerPoint slides
PART ONE: CHALLENGES AND AMBIGUITIES OF BUSINESS RESEARCH
2. Research in business
PART TWO: THE RESEARCH PROCESS
3. The Process Perspective
4. Research Problems
5. Research Design
7. Data sources
8. Data Collection
9. Sampling in empirical research
10. Preparation and analysis of data
PART THREE: IMPLEMENTATION
11. Quantitative data analysis
12. Qualitative Data analysis
13. Writing the final report
- guidelines to formulate a research problem, preparing students to fully understand the questions and objectives before undertaking research.
- evaluation of different qualitative and quantitative methods so that students can choose the most appropriate research method for a given situation
- clear guidelines about writing clear, concise and relevant reports.
- detailed discussion of research theories and their practical application in business
This 4th edition has a new chapter on international and cross-cultural research, as well as fresh examples of research and the use of technology in research.
Dr. Pervez Ghauriis Professor of International Business at Kings College London.
Dr Kjell Gronhaugis Professor of Business Studies at the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Bergen, Norway..