Work Psychology5th Edition
John Arnold, Ray Randall, Fiona Patterson, Joanne Silvester, Ivan Robertson, Cary Cooper, Bernard Burnes, Don Harris, Carolyn Axtell, Deanne Den HartogMay 2010, Paperback, 848 pages
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
|This title is also available in the following alternative formats:|
The fifth edition of this market-leading textbook retains its popular blend of theory, research and examples. Substantially revised and updated with extensive new material that reflects contemporary research and debate, the book offers an accessible and fascinating examination of human behaviour in todays workplace.
Covering a broad range of core topics, the book is suitable for undergraduate students in business, management, and psychology as well as those studying for professional qualifications.
Work psychology: an initial orientation
Theory research and practice in work psychology
The foundations of personnel selection: analysing jobs, competencies and selection effectiveness
Personnel selection and assessment processes methods: what works?
Assessing people at work
Attitudes at work and the employment relationship
Approaches to work motivation and job design
Design at Work
Training and development
Stress and well-being at Work
Groups, teams and teamwork
Careers and career management
Understanding organizational change and culture
- Each chapter has an opening and closing case study with related exercises to help apply the theory presented in that chapter.
- Full colour design helps navigation and enlivens the text.
- Extensive coverage of cross-cultural issues reflects the increasingly global context of work.
- Learning outcomes, long and short self-test questions, annotated further reading and weblinks help students structure their learning within and beyond the textbook.
- A comprehensive glossary helps students revise key terms.
- A companion website offers extra material for lecturers and students.
- Substantially revised and updated to include the latest research, hot topics and contemporary debate.
John Arnold is Professor of Organisational Behaviour at the Business School, Loughborough University. Ray Randall is the Course Director for the MSc in Occupational Psychology and MSc in the Psychology of Work at the University of Leicester. They are joined by a team of expert authors including:
- Carolyn Axtell (University of Sheffield)
- Bernard Burnes (Manchester Business School)
- Cary Cooper (Lancaster University Management School)
- Deanne Den Hartog (University of Amsterdam)
- Don Harris (Cranfield University)
- Fiona Patterson (City University London)
- Ivan Robertson (Leeds University Business School)
- Joanne Silvester (City University London)
- Stephen Swailes (University of Hull)