Marketing ResearchAn Applied Approach
This title is no longer available.
This title cannot be purchased online
This 3rd edition of Marketing Research: An Applied Approach forms a comprehensive, authoritative and thoroughly European introduction to applied marketing research and covers both quantitative and qualitative techniques in depth.
Marketing Research: An Applied Approach is aimed at students studying marketing research at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Preface and guided tour
About the authors
1. Introduction to marketing research
2. Defining the marketing research problem and developing a research approach
3. Research design
4. Secondary data collection and analysis
5. Internal secondary data and the use of databases
6. Qualitative research: its nature and approaches
7. Qualitative research: focus group discussions
8. Qualitative research: depth interviewing and projective techniques
9. Qualittiave research: data analysis
10. Survey and quantitative observation techniques
11. Causal research design: experimentation
12. Measurement and scaling: fundamentals, comparative and non-comparative scaling
13. Questionnaire design
14. Sampling: design and procedures
15. Sampling: final and initial sample size determination
16. Survey fieldwork
17. Data preparation
18. Frequency distribution, cross-tabulation and hypothesis testing
19. Analysis of variance and covariance
20. Correlation and regression
21. Discriminant analysis
22. Factor analysis
23. Cluster analysis
24. Multidimensional scaling and conjoint analysis
25. Report preparation and presentation
26. International marketing research
27. Business-to-business (b2) marketing research
Appendix: Statistical tables
- Two chapters devoted to qualitative research to ensure the student fully understands why qualitative research is conducted, how it is conducted and the way in which qualitative data can be analysed.
- A series of Professional Perspectives which illustrate an array of applications and how different techniques combine to support the realities of marketing decision making. These are accompanied by questions and can be used as case studies.
- Links, via the companion website, to a range of software packages, including SPSS, SNAP, Experian and MOSAIC, which are accompanied by exercises to encourage familiarisation.