Search Engine Marketing, Inc.Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site
This product has been replaced by Search Engine Marketing, Inc.
This title cannot be purchased online
A new edition of this title is available, ISBN-10: 0136068685 ISBN-13: 9780136068686
I. THE BASICS OF SEARCH MARKETING.
1. Why Search Marketing Is Important and Difficult.
2. How Search Engines Work.
3. How Search Marketing Works.
4. How Searchers Work.
II. DEVELOP YOUR SEARCH MARKETING PROGRAM.
5. Identify Your Web Site’s Goals.
6. Measure Your Web Site’s Success.
7. Measure Your Search Marketing Success.
8. Define Your Search Marketing Strategy.
9. Sell Your Search Marketing Proposal.
III. EXECUTE YOUR SEARCH MARKETING PROGRAM.
10. Get Your Site Indexed.
11. Choose Your Target Keywords.
12. Optimize Your Content.
13. Attract Links to Your Site.
14. Optimize Your Paid Search Program.
15. Make Search Marketing Operational.
16. What’s Next?
What search engine optimization (SEO) is, how it works and how it can be implemented to increase profits!
- Step-by-step coverage walks you through what is SEO? Why is SEO important? and how to implement it...
- Tips and best practices show cost-cutting measures to help increase traffic
- Authors considered premier experts on SEO -- techniques shared in book are in practice at most successful sites globally
This book will explain the major difference for corporate Web sites -- how the most successful distinguish themselves from others by scale--the number of pages, the number of people, the number of different systems that work together. This book contains numerous techniques to cope with this scale:
- How to create standards that codify best SEO practices
- How to enforce compliance with those standards by automating, checking and reporting on every page on the site to create monthly scorecards for executives to review for improvement
- How to provide SEO training to each type of specialist in a way they will understand
- How to ensure paid search efforts don't bid against each other
- How to measure success across the site despite multiple systems and technologies
- How to hire an SEO consultant if you need one
About the Authors
Mike Moran is an IBM Distinguished Engineer with more than 20 years experience in search technology working at IBM Research, Lotus, and other IBM software units. He led the product team that developed the first commercial linguistic search engine in 1989, and has been granted four patents in search and retrieval technology. He led the original search marketing strategy for ibm.com, as well as the integration of ibm.com's site search technologies.
Mike has worked on IBM's Web site for the past seven years and is currently the Manager of ibm.com Site Architecture. In addition to his search work, Mike has spearheaded ibm.com projects in Content Management, Personalization, and Web Metrics.
In addition to Mike's broad technical background, he also holds an Advanced Certificate in Market Management Practice from the Royal UK Charter Institute of Marketing, helping bridge the gap between technology and marketing concepts. Mike can be reached through his Web site (http://www.mikemoran.com).
Bill Hunt is the CEO and Founder of Global Strategies International (http://www.globalstrategies.com) and one of the pioneers of search engine marketing, getting his start in early 1994. Bill is an internationally recognized search marketing expert, conference speaker, and contributor to numerous marketing journals and books. Over the years, Bill has led numerous large search marketing projects for clients such as AT&T, IBM, Intel, The Hartford, and Zurich Financial.
GSI specializes in helping Fortune 500 companies develop, implement and manage their global enterprise search marketing programs. With offices in the United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, GSI has the experience to help companies execute their search marketing programs "from the inside out."
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.