Lifetime Fitness4th Edition
This title is ordered on demand which may result in extended delivery times.
Designed to help the reader understand and appreciate a healthy lifestyle, this text focuses on issues such as the benefits of exercise, proper nutrition, and managing stress. With information provided in the text, students will be able to formulate a fitness program tailored to their specific level of ability.
2.Safety and Training Considerations.
5.Muscular Strength and Endurance.
6.Nutrition and Health.
7.Body Composition and Weight Control.
Appendix A: Exercise-Related Injuries.
Appendix B: Fitness Forms.
- A concise but thorough overview of health/fitness/wellness issues.
- Health and fitness history forms.
Students see how their health history and current status affect development decisions about personal fitness programs.
- Information on exercise related injuries -- how they occur, how they can be avoided, and what type of treatment may be necessary.
- Three stress tests developed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Test 1 Measures vulnerability to stress from being frustrated or inhibited.
Test 2 Measures the presence of compulsive, time-urgent, and excessively aggressive behavioral traits.
Test 3 How individuals cope with stress.
- Training guidelines follow the FIT model (frequency, intensity, and time).
- Review questions at the end of each chapter.