For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
This title is ordered on demand which may result in extended delivery times.
This classic, provocative introduction to classical metaphysical questions focuses on appreciating the problems, rather than attempting to proffer answers.
1. The Need for Metaphysics.
2. Persons and Bodies.
4. The Mind as a Function of the Body.
5. Freedom and Determinism.
7. Space and Time.
8. The Relativity of Time and Space.
9. Temporal Passage.
13. Metaphysics and Meaning.
- helps readers learn to think for themselves as they examine such perplexing topics as the existence of God, space and time, freedom, fatalism, death, and causation.
- demonstrates how some of the problems of metaphysics arise from certain habits of thought.