Developing Management Skills for Leadership
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
This title may be printed on demand which may result in extended delivery times
Developing Management Skills for Leadership is for anyone wishing to develop their ability to manage and lead. Whether for final year students looking towards their first career, MBA students or for more experienced managers wishing to enhance their effectiveness, this book offers the ideal format for developing a portfolio of managment skills.
This new book aims to raise the reader's awareness by identifying key personal and interpersonal management skills, and highlighting the relationships that exist between them. It also aims to increase knowledge by providing an overview and discussion of relevant management theory and research before moving to develop capability by offering a variety of practical activities.
- A wealth of activities enabling you to build a comprehensive portfolio of skills to equip you for all management situations and beyond
- Pragmatic advice encouraging you to implement the skills you have learned
- Concise use of language and summaries ensuring that the text remains an accessible guide throughout your career
- Sophisticated skills such as inter-cultural awareness and politics taking you beyond standard texts on skills development
- Apt quotations from diverse sources enlivening the message, whilst inspiring and provoking the reader.