Law for the Construction Industry2nd Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
Law for the Construction Industry provides a comprehensive introduction to the English legal system and basic contract law for those involved in the construction industry. It covers the level 2 module on legal studies of The CIOB's Education Framework and is officially sanctioned by The CIOB as the recognised book for that module. The book assumes no previous knowledge of English law.
The second edition has been brought fully up-to-date with the latest legal changes. It explains basic contract law and gives the reader an understanding of employment and consumer law whilst placing law in the context of the construction industry throughout.
Law for the Construction Industry is a core textbook for the CIOB level 2 module on legal studies, as well as BTEC HNC/D and degree courses in building and construction management.
- The nature of law and its sources
- The administration of English law
- Law of property
- Pure personality
- Legal personality
- The law of torts
- The law relating to highways
- Employment law
- Safety law
- Has been approved by the CIOB as the official text for the level 2 module on legal studies.
- Assumes no previous knowledge of English law.
- Explains basic contract law.
- Gives the reader an understanding of employment and consumer law.
- Puts law in the context of the construction industry.
- Fully up-to-date with the latest changes in law.