Longman Companion to European Decolonisation in the Twentieth Century
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
This title may be printed on demand which may result in extended delivery times
This new Companion brings together, in one single volume, all the essential facts and figures relating to European decolonisation in the twentieth century. Professor Chamberlain has taken each European empire in turn (the British, French, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Belgian and Italian) and for each one she has provided a detailed chronology of the process of decolonisation in the individual states.
SECTION I: THE EUROPEAN EMPIRES IN 1945.
1. The League of Nations and the Mandate System.
2. Key Events of World War Two.
3. The United Nations and Human Rights Declarations.
SECTION II: METROPOLITAN POLITICS.
SECTION III: THE CHRONOLOGY OF DECOLONIZATION.
4. The British Empire.
5. The French Empire.
6. The Dutch Empire.
7. The Portuguese Empire.
8. The Spanish Empire.
9. The Belgian Empire.
10. The Italian Empire.
SECTION IV: BIOGRAPHIES.
SECTION V: GLOSSARY.
SECTION VI: BIBLIOGRAPHY.
- Contains biographies of all the leading players.
- A glossary containing well over two hundred entries.
- A detailed guide to further reading.
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.