Longman Dictionary of Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics4th Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
This best-selling dictionary is now in its 4rd edition. Specifically written for students of language teaching and applied linguistics, it has become an indispensible resource for those engaged in courses in TEFL, TESOL, applied linguistics and introductory courses in general linguistics. Fully revised, this new edition includes over 350 new entries. Previous definitions have been revised or replaced in order to make this the most up-to-date and comprehensive dictionary available. Providing straightforward and accessible explanations of difficult terms and ideas in applied linguistics, this dictionary offers:
- Nearly 3000 detailed entries, from subject areas such as teaching methodology, curriculum development, sociolinguistics, syntax and phonetics.
- Clear and accurate definitions which assume no prior knowledge of the subject matter
- helpful diagrams and tables
- cross references throughout, linking related subject areas for ease of reference, and helping to broaden students' knowledge
- 2000 detailed entries from subject areas such as teaching methodology, curriculum development, sociolinguistics, syntax and phonetics.
- Clear and accurate definitions assume no prior knowledge of the subject matter and includes helpful examples, diagrams and tables.
- Links related subject areas and helps broaden students' knowledge