- The Copyright Department is responsible for licensing our leading list of UK-originated schools, professional and academic titles under the imprints of Longman, Addison Wesley, Prentice Hall and Financial Times/Prentice Hall to selected markets in central and eastern Europe: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrghystan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekhistan and in Asia to Hong Kong, the People’s Republic of China, Taiwan and Vietnam.
- We also handle electronic licensing for our list in the United Kingdom and overseas, and the contractual arrangements for licensing our English Language Teaching and Dictionary lists in the markets listed above
- Our activities include the sale of translation rights and rights for bilingual and annotated editions, English language reprint editions for specific markets, local adaptations and electronic licensing
Contact with our customers
- Our customers include major international publishing corporations, state-owned publishing houses and small and medium-sized private publishers – we are constantly seeking to extend the range of customers in our markets and are always happy to hear from new
- We attend the London, Bucharest, Beijing, Moscow and Frankfurt Book Fairs as well as making sales trips to our markets; to arrange an appointment please contact Yvonne Blow, Copyright Co-ordinator click here
Information on our publications
- Selective rights guides are produced each season to highlight key titles with licensing potential by subject area; the guides also include selected titles from our companies in the Netherlands, France, Italy, Malaysia and Singapore which may also be of interest. To view our Rights Guides, click on the appropriate subject
or contact Yvonne Blow to receive printed copies.
- For fuller information on our entire list, click to access the relevant section of our company website:
- Once we have added you to our subject-coded mailing list, we will send you regular e-mail alerts to draw your attention to forthcoming titles which may be of interest, with a link to our website to enable you to access information on each title immediately.
How to contact us
- For new applications, please contact Yvonne Blow to check the availability of an option on rights for your market click here
- Once you have assessed a title for your market, please contact Lynette Owen, Copyright Director, with details of your first print run, selling price (retail or wholesale) and expected publication date so that we can quote appropriate licence terms click here
- If you are looking for titles on specific topics which you cannot locate on our website, please do not hesitate to contact us; we may have appropriate titles in preparation click here
Licensing to other geographical markets
- For licences to markets other than those listed above, please contact Caroline Paskins in the UK Rights Department click here
Titles originating with Pearson Education in the USA
- These titles can be viewed on www.pearsoned.com
Rights are handled separately by the US Rights Department; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org