The Marketing of Sport
Reprinting - Limited stock. Add to basket to check current availability.
The Marketing of Sport explores the latest developments in sports marketing with cutting-edge analysis by the worlds leading sport marketing academics. International case studies, up-to-the-minute data and a wide-ranging list of websites provide an essential introduction to the key aspects of sport marketing.
Part One The distinctive nature of sport marketing
1. Introduction: the marketing of sport
2. Sport Marketing in for-profit and not-for-profit sport organisations
3. Alternative paradigms and sport marketing
Part Two Meeting the needs and wants of the sport market
4. Understanding the sport marketing environment
5. Sport and consumer buying behaviour
6. Sport organisation buying behaviour
7. Segmentation, targeting and positioning in sport
8. Sport market research and marketing information systems
9. Managing sport products and services
10. Developing and extending sports brands
Part Three Communicating with the sport market
11. The sport integrated marketing communications mix
12. Direct, database and online marketing in sport
13. Sponsorship, endorsements and naming rights
14. Sports public relations
Part Four Getting sport products and services to the market
15. Pricing sports and sports pricing strategies
16. Distribution channels and sports logistics
17. Sports goods retailing
Part Five Moving sport marketing forwards
18. Strategic sport marketing
19. Achieving competitive advantage and leading strategic change in sport organisations
20. International sport marketing and globalisation
21. Organisation, implementation, management and control of marketing in sport
22. Managing service quality and innovation in sport
Part Six Assessing the future for sport marketing
23. The future of sport marketing
24. The marketing of sport: a practitioner perspective
24 Chapters contributed by leading authorities from the UK, Ireland, the US, Greece, France, New Zealand, Australia
Chapters address important developments including sponsorship and endorsements, branding, fan behaviour, merchandising, ticketing and the globalisation of Sport.
Over 60 International case studies covering a range of subjects such as Manchester United, the Olympic Games and NBA basketball
John Beechis Head of Sport and Tourism Applied Research at Coventry Business School, Coventry University
Simon Chadwickis a Director of the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, and Programme Director for the MSc Sport Management and the Business of Football, at Birkbeck, the University of London.
plus an international team of contributors from the US, Eire, France, New Zealand, and Australia.