This title may be printed on demand which may result in extended delivery times
Cutting edge thinking and best practice from the best
brains at four of the world's top business schools.
Everyone in business is involved in strategy. Whether it be formulating it or implementing it. Every business from Fortune 500 companies to internet start-ups is reliant on strategy for survival and success.
Mastering Strategy brings you the latest thinking from the world's top international business schools. This rich mix of thought leadership covers all the top strategy issues, from mergers & acquisitions, risk, technology, and alliances, to knowledge, governance, globalization, and leadership.
With contributors from among the world's top strategists, including C.K. Prahalad, Henry Mintzberg, John Kay, Noel Tichy, and W. Chan Kim, this book combines definitive new thinking with examples of leading corporate strategies.
Strategy is everybody's business. Become a master of yours.
The Said Business School is the business school of the University of Oxford, and the newest department in one of the world's oldest universities. The school was established in 1998 through an initial £20m benefaction from Mr Wafic Said and matching funding from the University. It specializes in high level research into international business topics, including strategy, finance and corporate governance. The school also offers MBA, undergraduate and research degrees to an international student body.
In just 40 years, INSEAD has grown from a modest European educational start-up to one of the world's leading business schools, with more than 650 MBAs, 5,500 executives and 40 PhDs from over 75 countries passing through its programs every year. Participants are taught by an internationally recognized faculty of 124 professors from 26 countries. The institute's extensive alumni network is present in 122 countries and represents more than 20,200 MBA and executive alumni.
The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business is at the forefront of bringing a discipline-based approach to the study of business. Chicago GSB is known for its world renowned faculty, which includes more Nobel Prize winners than any other business school. Chicago GSB is also known for its strength in a number of areas including strategy, finance, entrepreneurship, international business, general management, economics, accounting, marketing and its innovative MBA program, which has campuses in Barcelona,Singapore and Chicago.
In Business Week magazine's bi-annual survey of corporate executives, the University of Michigan Business School (UMBS) was rated the most innovative business schools in the United States. UMBS's MBA and undergraduate programs blend the school's unusual across-the-board academic prowess with intensive development of applied skills and capabilities for results-producing leadership. In addition to degree programs, the Executive Education Center at UMBS offers a wide range of public and customized programs for working executives. More than 5,000 people participate in these programs each year, both on the school's campus in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and in overseas locations.
1. History/state of strategy
2. Strategy and micro-economics
3. Strategy and general business environment
4. Strategy and globalization
5. Strategy and organizational structures
6. Strategy and technology
7. Mergers and acquisition strategy
8. Strategy and shareholder value/governance
9. Strategy and risk management
10. Leadership and strategy
11. Strategy and people
12. Sector strategies
13. Strategic alliances
14. Strategy and knowledge
15. Strategy and operations/manufacturing
16. Fresh challenges for the future
- Cutting edge thinking, research and thought leadership from the best brains at four of the world's top business schools.
- Successful series globally.
- Orignally ran in the FT worldwide and was read by around 1,600,000 people across the globe.
- Covers all the top strategy issues from M&A, risk, technology and alliances to knowledge, governance, globalisation and leadership.
- Includes case studies and examples of what leading companies are doing.
- Many of the world's top strategy specialists are contributing wholly original articles and research: CK Prahalad, Henry Mintzberg, John Kay, Noel Tichy, and Chan Kim.