The Longman Companion to the Conservative PartySince 1830
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
This title may be printed on demand which may result in extended delivery times
This Longman Companion provides a wide-ranging compendium of essential facts and figures on the Conservative Party - from its origins in the 1830s to the dawn of the 21st Century. Central to the book are the detailed chronologies on the Conservative Party's years in government and opposition. In addition, it contains fascinating information on the Party's relationships with women, ethnic minoirities, the trade unions, Europe, Ireland, ideology, social reform and empire.
- Provides extensive statistical material on general elections since 1932, key by-elections, local and European elections.
- Covers all the Conservative leaders, methods of leadership selection and ballot results.
- Gives full details of Conservative cabinets.
- Includes substantial section on Party organisation.
- Biographies of 120 ministers and significant personalities.
- Full glossary of key terms and phrases.
Nick Crowson is a lecturer in Contemporary British History at the University of Birmingham.
Expert Reviews'This is a compendium of Conservative politics... This is a database to be quarried and students of Conservative politics, at whatever level, will find it a mine of imformation.'Eric Shaw, Parliamentary Affairs
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.