Contemporary Climatology2nd Edition
For orders to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan visit your local Pearson website
This title may be printed on demand which may result in extended delivery times
Now in its second edition, Climatology continues to provide an up-to-date stimulating and comprehensive guide to the nature of the earth's climate. It presents a synthesis of contemporary scientific ideas about atmospheric circulation.
Topics covered include:
-Energy systems-The hydrological cycle-General circulation, local and regional climate-Application of climate information-Use of satellite observations
1. The scope and controls of the climate;
2. The Earth's radiation budget;
3. Energy and temperature;
4. Moisture in the atmosphere;
6. Winds and pressure;
7. The general circulation and global climate;
8. Tropical weather and climate;
9. Extra-tropical climates;
10. Local climates;
11. Human interaction with climate;
12. Climates of the past;
13. The future - Climate change, climate models climate impacts
- Makes contemporary climatology accessible to readers without strong scientific background.
- New sections on new modeling techniques such as Global Climate Models, mesoscale models, and regional climate models.
- Comprehensive list of Web links and a new section on how to use databases such as the Internet.
- New, larger format with even more illustrations, examples, and case material.
- Glossary of meteorological and matological terms.
- Covers all the latest forecasting techniques.
'this is an excellent revision of a well-established text that should be welcomed by many students of geography, earth sciences, atmospheric sciences and environmental studies.'
Keith Boucher, Loughborough University, Progress in Physical Geography
Your opinions count
Be the first to review this product. Write your review now.