Learn the tips and tricks of the seasoned manager
22 May 12
If you’ve recently been promoted to the position of manager, or have aspirations in this direction, it can seem a daunting task. After all, nearly half of all of new managers don’t understand what it takes to succeed, 89% have at least one “blind spot”, and less that one in 10 were actually groomed for the job.
The Essentials of Management, written by ex‐senior manager, consultant and author, Andrew Leigh is a treasure trove of help and tips that seasoned leaders seldom take the trouble to share. It’s packed with effective ideas, essential advice and practical skills, broken down into 20, easy‐to‐read, bite‐size chapters.
- Motivating and engaging people
- The benefits of and how to encourage diversity
- Emotional intelligence
- Powerful and impactful ways to communicate in person and on paper
- Ways to increase energy and productivity so readers can deliver under pressure
- How to run appraisals that are useful to the manager and the appraise
- Managing a team
The Essentials of Management
|Pub Date||13 Mar 2012|
Find out more or purchase The Essentials of Management at Pearson Books.
For further information please contact:
t: 01279 623643
View more news releases, in our latest news area.
All information and prices correct at time of writing.